<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

6.05.2012

Top Tip Tuesday - Yeast



I found this useful video to share through become a better baker . All about the different types of Yeast and how to substitute one for another in a recipe.

Like many home bakers i regularly prepare bread for the day and although i have grown to love my stand mixer, i somehow feel less in control especially when making bread.

For me there is certainly something theraputic in kneading bread by hand, that sense of achievment when you have burned off a few calories and got to grips literally with any emotional stress you have is so very satisfying.

I always use fast action yeast because i can never get hold of fresh yeast, it's not widely available in supermarkets i shopt at in the UK.

It is said that fresh yeast and a slow, long rise gives you the best, most tasty bread, I suppose abit like slowly cooked meats, stews etc they always have more depth of flavour.
I'd be interested to know which type of yeast you use and let me know of any differences you have found +/-using both fresh and dry.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 6 June 2012 at 05:37 , Anonymous Treat and Trick said...

Very useful post! You can do without the hing and for more info about hing check this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asafoetida

 
At 6 June 2012 at 07:52 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, i recognise hing now by its other name Asafoetida :)

 
At 7 June 2012 at 05:50 , Blogger ♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Amazing post !
I stopped baking way back tough after finding your blog I am thinking of starting it again.
Follow each other.

 
At 7 June 2012 at 11:24 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by sister, i would be interested in seeing your baking recipes inshaAllah

 
At 11 June 2012 at 21:10 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Salamu Alaikum Asmaa i love you wee blog i have a great recipe for Scottish shortbread if you would like to try it, they are delicious and easy to make.

 
At 11 June 2012 at 21:17 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wa Alaikum Salam sister, thanks for visiting and sure please give me your shortbread recipe i like simple and easy it means more time to do other things!

 

Post a Comment

I like to hear from my readers, sincere advice is welcome so feel free to leave me a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home