<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

4.03.2013

Recent Recipes I've Tried & Love (Photos & Links)

As-Salamu Alaikum,

Here are a few photos & links to recipes I've recently tried and love masha'Allah wa Alhamduillah

Moroccan Chicken, Carrot & Potatoe Tagine -   My husband recently bought me a heat diffuser so I could use my Tagine on the hob even though he assured me it wasn't necessary, the label it came with said otherwise. I find putting the tagine inside the oven for an hour+ uneconomical and thought maybe it would use less energy on the hob? I halved the recipe and didn't add as much chicken but the whole family, kids and all really enjoyed it as it uses a few spices than what I am accustomed to using.

Sesame Seeded Hamburger Buns With Homemade Lamb Burgers - I followed the King Arthur Flour Recipe except I used sesame seeds only and the homemade lamb burgers were adapted from cooking with Alia's 'Merguez' style ground meat, I didn't use any harissa because I wanted my children to at least have a chance of liking them and I shaped them into burgers instead of sausage shape.
I made the mince stretch further by cutting the burgers in half once cooked (next time make them more like sliders as the buns aren't huge). The leftover mince which I didn't cook then got turned into spaghetti and meatballs that same evening.
Chicken Kofta Curry - My curry was more orange in colour than the original recipe, maybe that was because I used half a tin of chopped tomatoes in place of the 2 large fresh tomatoes it called for in the recipe and despite that the spicing was there but nice and mild (no chilli's involved) due to using 1 cup of yoghurt to make the sauce. I used half the quantity of chicken mince to make koftas, I'm on a budget maybe next time I should add some vegetables to bulk it up.
Instead of using an egg to bind the kofta together, I added 1/2 teaspoon no egg orgran egg replacer without adding any extra liquid as I felt it wasn't necessary as this mince was rather wet from just being defrosted in the microwave. In fact adding the egg replacer altogether was probably not necessary but I wanted to be sure the kofta wouldn't fall apart once cooking that's happened to me before, usually when using any type of lean mince meat.

In sha Allah your inspired to try one of the above dishes, if you were to ask me which one was my favourite I would say the homemade burgers and buns because it involved a bit of my favourite past time, baking!

Before I forget, in all the recipes that call for parsley I used coriander as I dislike parsley.
 

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4 April 2013 at 20:29 , Blogger Unknown said...

Salaamu aleikoum, All the food looks wonderfuld sis!

 
At 5 April 2013 at 15:26 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wa Alaikum Salam Wa Ramahtullah Heni,

Thank you :)

In sha Allah you and your family are in good health and strong eeman. It's been a while since I've seen you in the online world, your a busy bee masha'Allah

 
At 9 April 2013 at 19:33 , Blogger Nava K said...

Great compilation of recipes and each one is a stand out in its own way. Need to try one by one slowly.

 
At 10 April 2013 at 12:34 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you : )

 

Post a Comment

I like to hear from my readers, sincere advice is welcome so feel free to leave me a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home