<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

9.21.2012

Change Is Better Than A Rest, Right?

Salam Alaikum or hello,

Firstly if you haven't read/watched/listened to http://salaf-us-saalih.com/2012/09/20/the-correct-stance-of-every-muslim-on-the-film-about-muhammed-peace-be-upon-him-shaykh-saalih-as-suhaymee/ I really recommend you do, please spread the link so both Muslims and non Muslims may benefit, inshAllah /God willing.

I've kinda been thinking, maybe I should change the name of my blog.

Reasons:-

1. Although i admit a lot/majority of my posts will be baking related i don't want to feel confined to posting topics about baking only.
2. I like change and I mean a lot!, it's better than a rest right? I would gladly change my avatar everyday of the week if I found the time/remembered.

I got a few ideas from my new avatar courtesy of noor over at Ya Salam Cooking who also owns and writes the blog Little Pink Strawberries....I'm sure many of you are avid readers as am i mashAllah/as Allah willed

So names I'm thinking of

Baking Muslimah
Muslimah Baker 
Muslimah That Bakes 
Muslimah Who Bakes
Muslimah's Bake too!
Muslimah, Bake It!

If any of you have the above blog names, let me know so I can remove the name from the list and check out your blog inshAllah/God Willing.

 I want your opinion on the above please, although I like change it means I'm not a very good decision maker, the two qualities character traits go hand in hand!

Which name do you like best? Or give me your ideas as I'm up for suggestions.

I probably wouldn't make the name change over night because well my designer is sooo busy and maybe I could take this design project on myself IF I take things sloooow and steady as me and photoshop aren't the best of buddies oh and I don't have a clue how HTML works lol


Until next time Salam / Peace,

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 21 September 2012 at 22:59 , Blogger Noor said...

All of these still say bake which is what you said you want to get away from so I would think of something else. And you do not have to only do something bc you have a certain name you know.

Think outside the box. For example my blog Ya Salam (means oh wow). Think of things good food may make you feel or desire.

Ideas
The Bakery
Cooking with Asma
Asmas Kitchen
Halal Palate
The Hungry Muslimah
Sweet Lemons

 
At 22 September 2012 at 00:03 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalamu alayki, I like Baking Muslimah.
Noor has some nice ideas mashallah I liked her suggestion ' Halal palate' and yeah think out of the box.
Maybe:

* Bake it, Bite it!
* Asma in da house!
* Say Bismillah
* Yum in ya tum
Subhnallah I am just a bit too ghetto! Sorry! lol

 
At 22 September 2012 at 00:10 , Blogger khadijah said...

assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu!
I think its a super great idea that you have a new name! I mean "Bake it" is very cute but it does sort of constricts you to just food and baking (which I DONT MIND AT ALL!!!!!!) buttt... hmm i think maybe some names...

"Food for thought" (which im sure its already taken but i'm sure you can add some personal flare to)
" sweet impressions"
" baking with brains " (but some might take it literally? ekeee)
" follow your senses"
" the sweet life"
" Asma in the kitchen"

i have more ideas but i really have a brain f*rt right now...if i can think of more i will for sure share with you insha'Allah! but good on you, that you want to post more than just baking and food stuff! i think it would attract more of a broader audience as well!!! Masha'Allah!

xo
Khadijah

 
At 22 September 2012 at 07:49 , Blogger Ayaate said...

Asalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu sis!

I really like the name of your blog that you currently have... it's catchy and that is the mean reason why I'm following... if not then I have to agree with Onelovely Muslimah and choose : Sweet impressions. Khair in sha'a Allah

 
At 22 September 2012 at 15:11 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Asma's Arena
*Asma Always
What other things do you want to blog about? Just life in general?

 
At 22 September 2012 at 15:45 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wa Alaikum Salam ladies,

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions, they are all great mashAllah

I particularly liked the asmaa in da house, so what about 'Asmaa at home' because literally that's always where I am lol plus anyone who has watched the Jamie Oliver series Jamie at home will get it?

I think I will put up a poll on the side with my top choices and we can vote on it!

 
At 22 September 2012 at 16:20 , Blogger Unknown said...

Forget asmaa at home as I just came across a blog called muslimathome so it's too similar
@sanaa - I wanna blog about anything and everything but mainly Islam and food.

 
At 22 September 2012 at 20:22 , Blogger Noor said...

Asmaa do not worry about being similar its 2012 and everyone and their momma has one nothing is original lol.

 
At 23 September 2012 at 16:03 , Blogger Unknown said...

Esalaaamu aleikoum Change is good enchallah. But I do like the name of your blog. I know I really don't like the name of my blog. I have no idea what was I thinking when I came up with it LOL! <3

 
At 24 September 2012 at 10:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asma- I want you to take some time over it before buying a domain. I face the same thoughts sometime, one can rather be confined to food when having such a domain, but there's no compulsion. I mean many people post personal entries on their foodblog too. Just think it over. And oh can you suggest me what I should do as Im thinking of buying a domain? Should I go for a name change after building up so much on this one. People in fam make fun of me and say 'disastrous kitchen' sometimes lol :P Sorry for the big rant. ps. Cupcakes to crumbles is a good name too!

 
At 24 September 2012 at 12:04 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thekitchendisasters - no sister i am not buying a domain not yet anyway inshAllah just i want a different name for my blog as you notice the domain name is different to the title of my blog Bake It lol so i need to setup a new blog with the same domain name and transfer the contents over inshAllah
I know i do love to bake but i need to really bake less and think about our health and my family isn't big enough (2adults, 2 children and we dont get regular visitors) to consume all the treats i bake up lol
and well i want to blog about anything that takes my interest and i know i shouldnt but i feel restricted to one thing by the name Bake It!

 

Post a Comment

I like to hear from my readers, sincere advice is welcome so feel free to leave me a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home