18 January 2013
Espresso Cupcakesmakes 9-12 depending on the size of your cupcake cases
For the cupcakes
- 110g / 4oz margarine or unsalted butter, softened
- 110g / 4oz vanilla caster sugar
- 2 medium size eggs
- 2tbsp strong espresso coffee, brewed and then cooled
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 110g / 4oz self raising flour
For the filling and topping
- 150ml double/heavy cream, whipped to form stiff peeks add a tbsp icing sugar to sweeten or to taste
- 100-150g your favourite type of chocolate, melted
- Icing sugar for dusting, optional extra
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C/160C (fan). Line a bun tin with paper/foil cases. brew coffee and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together your chosen fat and sugar until light, fluffy and creamy coloured. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and then slowly add them to the mixture in your larger bowl, whisk mixture continually to prevent it from splitting.
- Sift flour over the mixture and gently fold preferably using a large metal spoon, when the flour is nearly all incorporated add the espresso and fold until mixture is a even colour.
- Fill cupcake cases 2/3 full and bake for 15-20mins (mine were done at 18 minutes) they should be springy to touch and when you insert a cocktail stick in the center it comes out clean i.e. not sticky, a few crumbs are OK. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- When cool, slice a little circle out of the top of each cupcake. Fill with a generous teaspoon of sweetened whipped cream replace lids, melt chocolate and drizzle over lids, leave to set and then dust cupcakes with icing sugar, using a sieve and from a height.
Powered by Blogger.